Better for the environment, better for the economy, benefits for you
- Be promoted as an accredited B‑cycle retailer
- Access B‑cycle branding and promotional materials
- Meaningfully showcase tangible commitment to environmental and social responsibility
- Increase foot traffic with a Drop off point, to create measurable impact & meet waste reduction targets
What batteries are B‑cyclable?
Loose household batteries (AA & other sizes, button & rechargeable)
Proprietary batteries included in products, that can be easily removed by consumers (e.g. camera, drone & power tool batteries)
Additional battery types will be included as the scheme expands
It’s also easy to set up a Drop off point
3 out of 4 Australians say that a B‑cycle Drop off gives them more incentive to visit a store*. It’s a simple way to increase foot traffic, meet waste reduction targets, and create real, measurable impact.
*2021 research by Mobium Group
Join B‑cycle as a
responsible battery retailer
As a B‑cycle accredited retailer, you:
- Accept a levy cost from importers and pass it on visibly to consumers, to offset the costs of battery recycling.
- Give purchasing priority to equipment that contains compliant batteries.
Become a member of the Battery Stewardship Council
- Demonstrate support & stay informed
- No fee
- Access voting rights & be eligible for nomination to the BSC board
- $1,000 per annum